Many people can list the most commonly recycled items in the home. Glass bottles, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, cardboard, and paperboard are well known. There are other items that can also be recycled, especially when you are making renovations. Many of the items you no longer use can be recycled or repurposed in a variety of ways.
A good example of recyclable material is the old wiring that is removed when you renovate a room or home. Old wiring contains copper that is easily recycled and will also offer a small payout that will help you recoup some of the cost of the remodel. Metal of any kind can be recycled, and most scrap yards will help you arrange a pickup if you have no way to transport it to the scrap yard.
Sinks, bath tubs, doors, and other large items that are in good condition can be recycled or donated to organizations like Habitat for Humanity. Any item that is removed in one piece and that can be reused is worth recycling. This may seem like a chore, but many companies specialize in the recycling of used home materials. Windows, for example, can be refurbished and turned into picture frames or shadow boxes. The opportunities for many of these items are endless, all you need to do is begin to explore your options.
If you are performing renovations to your home, you may want to upgrade your existing insurance policy or look around for a new one. Saucon Insurance Agency serves Bethlehem, PA and many of the surrounding communities. Agents at the office can help you find the right policy to meet your needs after you have made improvements to your home. Once your home has been renovated, you want to make sure you have the protection you need!
No matter what kind of transportation you are using, you have to prepare for the possibility of an accident. You don’t know that it will happen and maybe it never will, but you want to know that you have taken every precaution possible to keep you as safe as possible. Just in case. Riding a bicycle is a just in case experience to prepare for.
At Saucon Insurance Agency, we have some simple ways to make sure your cycling time is safe include:
- Always make sure your bicycle has received any necessary maintenance and fits your body appropriately.
- Make sure you have all needed accessories like helmet, pads, and reflective clothing for night riding.
- Be predictable to others on the roadways with you by signaling with hands and maintain you lane position until safe to change.
- Avoid any hazards in the riding area that may cause an accident or disrupt riding.
- Always check local cycling laws and make sure you are obeying them for your safety and others.
Now that we know some ways to stay safe cycling, have you considered how prepared you are in your vehicle? Here are some quick driver tips when encountering cyclists:
- Have patience with cyclists on the roadways. Losing patience can cause unsafe situations.
- Always slow down when approaching cyclists even when they are in a bike lane.
- Be courteous and avoid yelling or honking at cyclists. This could startle someone and cause an accident.
- Use extra attentiveness around children on bicycles as they may not yet know all the rules to cycling safety.
We know about cycling safety now, but what about other driving situations? Having sufficient insurance coverage is crucial for preparedness. Do you know if your current insurance policy has all the coverage you need? Are all your bases cover? Call us at Saucon Insurance Agency serving Bethlehem, PA and one of our friendly and knowledgeable agents can help you check for lapses and find the best coverage possible for your needs!