If you live in the Bethlehem, PA area, then you know that a car emergency kit is essential. It may not seem so important until you need it, and then you’ll wish you had made one. There is nothing worse than breaking down at night miles away from any timely assistance. Having an auto club membership or a vehicle under warranty with roadside assistance is great, but it can’t always be counted on for a breakdown or an emergency. Cell phones are great to call for help unless there’s no service or the battery is dead. Be prepared by building a car emergency kit to leave in your vehicle.
Emergency Kit Essentials
- A fully equipped first-aid kit. You can put one together or purchase one that has the necessary basic kit, such as an assortment of Band-Aids, gauze pads, adhesive tape, aspirin, antiseptic wipes, cream, and ointment, and a pair of scissors.
- A fire extinguisher (Class B and C) that can put out flammable and combustible liquids and electrical fires.
- Portable reflective warning triangles.
- A tire gauge. Check the pressure in your spare on occasion.
- Foam tire sealant that can repair some flats when you are unable to change the tire.
- Jumper cables that are at least 10 feet long and covered with at least 8-guage rubber.
- A waterproof flashlight and extra batteries, rags, gloves, rain poncho, bottled water, nonperishable snacks, and a warm blanket.
- A tow strap or rope, multipurpose utility knife, and duct tape.
- Windshield ice scraper, folding shovel, and some cat litter for traction on ice.
Saucon Insurance Agency
At Saucon Insurance Agency, we make it our goal to help you protect your family and assets. Contact an agent today about your auto insurance in the Bethlehem, PA area.