Do I Need Watercraft Insurance or Toy Insurance?

Having toys to play with isn’t just for kids! Adults like to play and have fun too, only our "toys" are often bigger and more expensive. Just look at all the jet skis, boats and other watercraft on the lakes and waterways here in the Bethlehem, PA area!

If you own such a toy, it’s only natural to wonder what kind of insurance you’ll need to protect your investment. At Saucon Insurance Agency we’re here to help, but it’s important to know what kind of options you’re looking at. There’s Watercraft (boat) insurance, and there’s toy insurance, both of which serve different purposes. So, which kind of coverage is best for you?

Defining a ‘Toy’

Watercraft/boat insurance can be used to cover a wide range of boats and water vehicles. However, if you have a smaller watercraft that is strictly for recreational use, then it can be considered a "toy" as far as insurance goes. Such water-based toys include (but may not be limited to) the following:

  • Jet Skis (a brand that is also a generic term referring to water scooters and other personal watercraft or PWCs)
  • Small boats (usually up to 26 feet)
  • Small-scale Sailboats
  • Any small watercraft with a motor

How Toy Insurance Works

Boat insurance is more comprehensive and often geared toward watercraft that have more regular use (sometimes commercial/transportation use as well). However, toy insurance focuses on watercraft that is primarily for recreation purposes. As such, this type of insurance provides coverage for liability risks that may come with recreational use, as well as theft or other damaging situations.

Give us a call or stop by our offices in the Bethlehem, PA area to learn more about getting an insurance policy for your watercraft/recreational ‘toy’. At Saucon Insurance Agency, we look forward to getting you the coverage you need so you can get out there and start playing!

3 Reasons to Consider Flood Insurance

Flooding is a real threat in today’s ever-changing environment. Living in a low-risk flood zone doesn’t guarantee your home will never suffer from flood damage. As home insurance doesn’t cover flooding, it only makes sense to consider obtaining flood insurance coverage. Flood insurance from Saucon Insurance Agency in Bethlehem, PA could save you from catastrophic loss in the event of a major flood disaster. Here’s why flood insurance is so important to Bethlehem, PA homeowners.

Standard Home Insurance Doesn’t Cover Flooding

Standard home insurance policies don’t cover flood damage. If a flood were to damage your home or destroy your personal goods, you would have to cover repair or replacement costs on your own, putting you at risk of financial loss.   

Flooding Costs Can Be Devastating

Flooding can leave you with tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of damage to your home, not to mention the loss of belongings. Without flood insurance, you run the risk of paying these funds out-of-pocket or taking a loan to cover repair costs. Flood insurance puts much-needed funds at your disposal to repair your home or replace the loss of personal property. This enables you to recover from this disaster quicker and move on with your life.

If You Live Outside a High-Risk Flood Area, Flood Insurance is Affordable

Adding flood insurance to a standard home insurance package is doable for most Pennsylvania homeowners, particularly if you live outside a flood zone area. Rates vary according to home value and location. Your Saucon Insurance agent can help you select a flood insurance policy conducive to your individual needs.

Why worry about the risk of flooding when flood coverage is well within your reach? Talk to an agent from Saucon Insurance Agency in Bethlehem, PA today about flood insurance coverage.