Do you know that car insurance is mandatory in 48 out of 50 states?
If you are a licensed driver in the Bethlehem, PA area, the Saucon Insurance Agency can provide the required coverage.
Why do you need car insurance?
Because it can protect you from the expensive costs associated with an accident. As an insured driver, it can help pay for medical expenses, vehicle repairs, legal costs, and more.
As a Pennsylvania resident, knowing the minimum coverage limits required in your state is important. These limits are just a starting point, however. You may want to consider increasing these limits for greater protection.
- Bodily injury liability covers the costs of the injury or passing of another driver. Pennsylvania has a $15,000 limit per person or $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability covers costs related to the damage to another person’s property, such as a vehicle, home, and other buildings, when you are at fault. There is a $5,000 limit.
- While uninsured motorist coverage is not a requirement, this coverage helps pay for medical expenses if another driver is at fault and has no coverage.
- Underinsured motorist coverage also is not a requirement. Still, it helps pay for medical expenses if you are in a traffic accident and the driver at fault does not have enough liability coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for costs to repair or replace your vehicle if it has been stolen or damaged by vandalism or a weather event. This is not required in Pennsylvania.
- Medical expenses coverage helps to cover injuries if you and your passengers are hurt in an accident. There is a $5,000 limit for medical or funeral expenses.
- Collision coverage helps pay for costs associated with repairing or replacing your vehicle if damaged in an accident.
The Saucon Insurance Agency of Bethlehem, PA can provide you with answers to any questions you may have. Contact our office today.