Does Boat Insurance Cover Other Types of Watercraft like Jet Skis?

At Saucon Insurance Agency, serving the greater Bethlehem, PA area, we know that shopping for insurance can be confusing. If you are looking to insure items that you use on the waterways, you may be torn between whether you need boat insurance, personal watercraft insurance or toy insurance. We want to make the insurance buying process as easy on you as buying. Here is some information you should know when you begin this process. 

Boat Insurance

Boats that are designed to transport more than one person, including power boats, sailboats and yachts should be covered by a boat insurance policy. In most cases, a policy is needed to even register your boat. 

Personal Watercraft Insurance

If the item you are using is primarily designed to be used by one person, such as a jet ski or wave runner, a personal watercraft insurance policy may be needed. Once again, a policy will likely be needed to even register your personal watercraft vehicle. 

Toy Insurance

If the item you plan to use on the waterways does not fall under either boat insurance or personal watercraft insurance, it likely falls under toy insurance. Differentiating between all of the options can be challenging. A great insurance company knows what factors to look at when determining what type of insurance is needed to cover your watercraft vehicles. 

If you need to insure a boat, personal watercraft or other toy used on waterways, pay a visit to Saucon Insurance Agency, serving the greater Bethlehem, PA area. We can help you determine what type of insurance policy you need and what policy limits best meet your needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss your insurance needs. 

Protect Your New Business with Commercial Insurance

One of the best ways to protect your newly established business in Bethlehem, PA is to obtain a commercial insurance policy. Commercial insurance from Saucon Insurance Agency can protect your business property, services, products, workers and finances against risks that could cause financial loss. What kind of protection does commercial insurance offer?


As an entrepreneur, you’ll face many challenges in building your business. A lawsuit could cause you to close up shop before you even get started. General liability protects you against the threat of lawsuits due to accidents that cause serious injury or property damage to others on your business property. You can also obtain specific liability coverage for protection against explicit industry threats.

Business Property

Business property protects your commercial property against such perils as fire, vandalism, theft or natural disasters. This includes your warehouse, office, business equipment and products. If any of these suffer damage or loss in a covered peril, your insurance will pay repair or replacement costs. This saves you from having to pay these expenses out of pocket.  

Business Interruption

If a disaster forces your business to close down temporarily, business interruption insurance will provide financial resources to stay afloat while repairs are being made. Business interruption insurance will compensate your business for lost income, operational costs, employee wages, rental or lease payments and more, saving your fledgling business from financial ruin.

Workers’ Comp

Workers’ comp protects your employees against injuries on the job. It covers medical expenses and lost wages if workers need time off to recuperate from their accident. This coverage also protects you against lawsuits by employees seeking extra compensation for injuries on the job.

To learn more about commercial insurance for your startup, call or visit Saucon Insurance Agency, Bethlehem, PA. We can help you obtain competitive commercial coverage suited to your individual business needs.