Like most situations in life, the best way to protect your business from slip and fall claims is to do what you can to avoid them in the first place. Here are some effective ways to prevent slip and falls at your business:
- Clean up any spills immediately and also post warning signs until the area is completely dry.
- Repair any areas where there are uneven floors, carpeting seams, or other abnormalities that could cause a fall.
- Keep all hallways and aisles free of items that could cause someone to trip or fall.
- Make sure that all steps and transitional areas have the necessary handrails and other safety equipment.
- Don’t forget about outside areas, keep parking lots and sidewalks free of debris and patch any potholes right away.
Of course, accidents can happen even when all of the above precautions and more are taken. Saucon Insurance Agency advises all of our business clients to carry liability insurance that is sufficient to protect them from any slip and fall claims at their businesses in the Bethlehem, PA area.
Liability insurance can protect you if a customer has a mishap at your place of business. Additionally, it can protect you if an employee is the one who falls, and certain policies will provide protection from a claim and also cover expenses related to an employee claim. Having the right insurance can make the difference between a terrible situation and one that can have a lasting effect on your business.
At Saucon Insurance Agency, our here to help you make sure you have the appropriate insurance and at the right coverage levels. Call us today to schedule a consultation, we are proud to serve fellow business owners in the greater Bethlehem, PA area.