Pests in the home are inevitable, especially during the warm months in the Bethlehem PA area. Ants and other insects make it through the smallest of openings to your home in search of food and water. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts not in your quest to remove pests from your home.
- Fruit flies can show up in droves and are difficult to remove. They often sneak a ride home on the produce from the store. The best thing to do is to keep the kitchen clean, don’t leave fruits and vegetables out, and create vinegar traps to snag them. Don’t try to seal them out, because it doesn’t work.
- Ants will go after any crumbs or spills around. Follow their trail to see where they are sneaking in and use a tube of sealant to cut off the trail of pheromones they left for their friends. Don’t spay ants with cleaners or combine borax and powder sugar to poison their food. It may kill the ant, but it can end up attracting more, and it is toxic to pets.
- Roaches naturally hide in their search for food. Scrub the space where they are and put out commercial-grade roach traps. Don’t try to manage an infestation, call an exterminator.
- The most destructive insects are termites and carpenter ants because they will damage the wood in your home structure. The best thing to do in either case is to call an exterminator to make certain they are gone.
- Don’t forget about your pets. Treat them for fleas and ticks or those pests will hitch a ride in and want to stay.
Saucon Insurance Agency
We provide home insurance in the Bethlehem, PA area. Contact the Saucon Insurance Agency today to explore your home insurance options.